Thanks to “Poems from the Heart” for nominating my blog for this amazing award
As my readers will attest, my writing strength is poetry. The aim of the Poetry-365.com project is write original daily poetry. Today is the 651st day and the 734th poem. Phew!
Really Neat Blog Award
Thanks to “A Girl and Her Book Reviews” for nominating my blog for this amazing award.
Amazingly, I have been nominated for two different awards on the same day. Rather than confuse things I thought I’d combine these awesome nominations.
The rules for the Penable award are as follows:
- Tag your post with the #penableaward
- Display the Penable award logo (above) on your post and follow Penable if you haven’t already
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Tell us what your writing talent is
- Answer three questions that you have been asked
- Nominate three inspiring people for this award.
- Let them know of their nomination
- Give them three new questions to answer!
The rules for the Really Neat Blog Award are:
- Include the award logo in your post.
- Answer the following seven questions, asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person/people who nominated you.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like by linking to their blogs, and ask them seven new questions.
- Notify them that you have nominated them.
As I can nominate any number of blogs for the Really Neat Blog Award, I chose three and I’ll nominate my chosen blogs for both awards. Two birds! One stone!
- What does blogging mean to me? Well, many people would give up their life story in a blog. I’d rather give up a part of my soul. I’ve found that for me writing poetry is the part of me that I never knew was missing. I love the narrative, the rhythm and flow of words and being hemmed in by the rules of a good fixed form.
- What is my favourite Hobby? Apart from Poetry?!? I play guitar when I get the chance. I have a small daughter, so that means chasing her around, taking her to the part, helping her with school work, and taking her to her swimming lessons…. all on a Sunday.
- What is my life motto?
What we put together is more than our dreams and all we demand in return is a little rule breaking.
- What prompted you to start writing? Necessity. When I was 18-19 I felt so alone (even though I wasn’t). Writing poetry was a way of freeing myself from that loneliness.
- What’s your first memory of reading?Fungus the Bogeyman.
- What’s one thing you’d do to make the world better? Get rid of Trump and BoJo.
- What is one goal you have for yourself for 2021? Apart from getting rid of Trump and BoJo? Write more poetry and hopefully not get COVID-19.
- What do you consider to be one of your strengths? I have an irritating level of stubborness.
- If you could offer your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be? Buy a house, you dope!
- If you could live anywhere else, where would you choose? Singapore. What an amazing city!
I’m not going to cause you too much pain by asking two sets of questions. For the Penable Award, answer the first three. For the Really Neat Blog Award, answer the last four:
- Who is your favourite Poet?
- What is your favoured poetic form?
- If you could invite 3 authors / poets to dinner, who would you invite and what would you prepare for them?
- Where did you go on your strangest holiday, and why?
- In your opinion who is the greatest hero in literature, and why?
- Conversely, who is the vilest villain in literature, and why?
- Have you ever heard of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis, the Wise?
Many Thanks for the nominations and I look forward to hearing from the lucky nominees who are most deserving of any and every award bestowed upon them.